I offer high quality massage and craniosacral therapy and lactation counseling in a private setting in the Belvedere Neighborhood off of Rio Rd. Click on the sections above or to the right under links for more information and prices of services. I also offer articles and powerpoint presentations about my work under Resources.
Days of practice: Monday through Friday, some Saturdays
Hours of practice: 7:30 am – 7 pm depending on the day, click the Book Now button.
- Fees: $80 per hour, $110 per hour and a half. Half hour appointments possible.
- Family Sessions: Newborn Education, Lactation, Craniosacral for Mom and Baby, Parent Education, Recovery from Difficult Labor and Delivery: $50-$80 sliding scale.
- NEW: Somatic Experiencing Sessions! This mind-body integrated approach is powerful. For information on what it is see the website, www.traumahealing.com
- NEW: Pre and Perinatal Sessions: Private sessions exploring early patterns in the nervous system and how they impact your life today. These sessions are 1.5 hours.
- NEW: Bodywork in Relationship: An interactive, introspective model that addresses chronic pain and other long-held patterns in the body.
- Last Month of Pregnancy: $60 per session
- First Session Postpartum At Home/Hospital: Travel Fee Waived
- Doula Package: 2 Prenatal Massages, Newborn Support (craniosacral therapy, lactation, parent education), 1 Massage Postpartum $240 (Best deal!)
When you come in my door, I am there for you 100% with whatever skills I have to help you feel better. Your experience with me will be diverse and thorough. A normal session may include some settling, a check-in that might include some resourcing verbally, intelligent bodywork of all kinds with your choice of oil, essential oil, cream, hot stones, craniosacral therapy. For pre and perinatal work, I work with moms and babies together and separately, or with adults on the floor and the table. I like meeting you where you are and my door is always open if you want to come back. I make recommendations for treatment based on my years of experience.
You will be given a login password. Please let me know if you want to receive newsletters or not. I send them quarterly. I always include a coupon for reduced price sessions.
Next Class at Bend Yoga on December 20
Baby Massage Classes at Bend
Third Fridays in 2013
Next Class is December 20, 2013
12:30 – 1:30
Baby massage and communication with your newborn. For precrawling babies only. Free baby assessments. Learn:
- How your baby self-regulates
- Nonverbal cues from your baby
- Techniques to calm a fussy baby
- Handouts on soothing and sleep
Bodywork for mom and baby is more than just a good idea. It can really make a difference physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually and has foundations in science to prove its efficacy.
$15, includes bottle of jojoba massage oil
Online Appointment Scheduling by TimeCenter
Introducing: Bodywork in Relationship
An Integrated, Interactive, Introspective Approach to Healing
What is it? A type of bodywork where the practitioner leads the client in an interactive process where the focus is on the “felt sense” of the client’s experience. The practitioner orients the client to the present time and create conditions for the body’s experience to be felt and heard. Great for chronic pain and recovery from any kind of overwhelming experience. A big focus in on client resources and health in the system.
What does a session look like? There are several ways I work with this model. I use a seated model, interactive model where sometimes the clients moves about the room. Or a client is lying down. All work is done fully dressed. I use biodynamic craniosacral therapy and deep pressure at different times. Sometimes I combine seated, moving and lying down approaches.
Why is this important? A revolution is happening in the healing arts because of discoveries in how we process information, with many thanks to Stephen Porges and his polyvagal theory. This approach sees how often our nervous system regulates and heals in the presence of others. Overwhelming experiences, especially early ones, can cause patterns of fight, flight, collapse, freeze, feint, that continue to loop unconsciously in the body. This approach will help clients identify them and heal. Try a session today!
Here are methods I am trained in: Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy * Myofascial Release * Trigger Point Therapy * Medical Massage * Swedish Massage * Deep Tissue Massage * Pre- and Perinatal Massage * Infant Massage * Hot Stone Therapy * Energy Medicine * Essential Oils * Plant Medicine * Recovery from Birth * Working with Babies, Children and Their Families * Prenatal Birth and Attachment Therapy * Lactation Counseling (CLC) * Somatic Experiencing.